Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The ratings war, which is your favourite Philippines TV channel?

1 post in this topic

As tried and seasoned expat veterans (or newcomers) in the land of balut, songs and smiles, which is your favourite Phils TV channel di ba ?

ABS-CBN or GMA ? Who do you back in the exciting ratings war ? :)

Here in Oman, my wife is definitely ABS-CBN. Mind you, that's the channel used by TFC (the Filipino Channel - Phils overseas tv). But she prefers it anyway over GMA.

Indeed why not, I just love trying to sleep at 2 in the morning while some loud variety show pumps out badly sung amateur karaoke for a prize of shampoo bottles. :yawn:

I should add that my wife likes to sleep with background noise, something to do with being brought up in Pasay, MM I guess. Me ? I'm a townie from Scotland who is more used to tranquil sounds at night, like my own snoring for instance !

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• UK State Pension for Expats
      British workers will have worst pensions of any major economy "The typical British worker can look forward to a pension worth only 40% of their pay , once state and private pensions are combined." And a UK Expat with any pension entitlement doesn't get that as their pension won't get the cost-of-living increases.
    • The sour mood in Thailand
      Well, the army is not a political party, it is called a junta when bullying their way to be in charge of a country. That says it all.
      Guardian "Thai printer replaces International New York Times article with blank space" Reported in the Guardian today too. Blank spaces are really politically damaging. When I lived in South Africa during apartheid, the policy of The Rand Daily Mail was to leave blank spaces where the censors had cut the stories. The ever increasing number was testament to the ever increasing desperation of the white government to make everything appear normal. The government eventually closed the newspaper down in 1985, the year before I left South Africa, five years before Mandela was freed and the De Klerk government started talks with the ANC, and nine years before multiracial elections. I hope Thailand doesn't have to wait quite so long.
      No wonder the NY Times decided to stop printing in Thailand by the end of this year. But still does it in most ASEAN countries.
      Blank Spaces Replace New York Times Article on Flagging Thai Economy That article didn't make the local print run, surprise, surprise!