Advice on dating a Vietnamese woman

181 posts in this topic

Posted

This thread is continued from: Still Looking for Vietnamese or Asian Woman!

---------------

Hello forum, thought i would give you all some update on my quest to change my status from desperate and dateless to taken and under the thumb.

Well as you all know iv,e taken the only avenue open to me at present and that's online dating site's cant say i like them but without boots on the ground this is my only option though i must say looking at Vietnam's girls gallery shows most Vietnamese girls to be quite conservative if say compared to the UK girls gallery which in comparison resembles sluts gallery sorry if i offended anybody but maybe one should just compare for themselves to see where i,m coming from. :unsure:

Ok i think i said before that i had quite a few contacts but i have managed to loose those all but one, now for the past say four weeks we have been in contact almost daily and some very nice words have been exchanged so this had lead me to book my trip to VN very soon as we have agreed to meet but i have insisted we meet as friends because of the age difference between us (18yr) my confidence isn't as high as i would like it to be although that really is the only bombshell in the closet but it still has the force to scuttle my hopes. :P

Now how should i behave with this girl should i be generous and wine & dine her or should i stick to budget cafe's and restaurants ? I am on a budget and have planned to stay for 3 months so depending on how things go with her and how i like HCMC will depend on what type of accommodation i decide to use but of course i will start with cheap hotel say $20pn as long as its clean i,m happy.I would like to impress her but i dont think she is a poor girl as all the pics i see her in show her to be well groomed and educated with office job and nice jewelry and she can write quite good English even though i find myself writing in pigeon English to her .I think maybe iv,e thrown myself into the deep end so am a bit nervous probably more for the disappointment i may face but iv,e booked my ticket now and its all paid for so i can't back out now will just have to see it through.

Do Vietnamese girls expect a guy to give them a gift on the first meeting as i,m thinking of perhaps buying something to take maybe some jewelry i know every girl love earrings or a bracelet or maybe a necklace i even thinking i could pickup a small diamond ring just in case after 3 months we want to be engaged :) how are VN jewelry shops can you buy quality or is it cheap and nasty ? Well i gave her my phone number today and my private email address so i hope iv,e done the right thing .

kind regards :)

Posted

Good luck! Although it is not required to buy her a gift it would be a welcomed gesture of friendship and it doesn't have to be jewlry. Maybe something nice from your country that she couldn't normally find in Vietnam.

They do have a lot of very nice jewlry in Vietnam and have good prices also.

If she is a typical conservitive Vietnamese woman then yes you will be expected to pay for everything but she will try to save money and will not expect you to spend lots of money. Also don't be surprised if she has a friend or 2 tagging along.

Posted

^why not bring her a gift if you are fond of her. I wouldnt go the jewelry route - how about a nice brand name perfume? :unsure:

Posted (edited)

if you want here to be yours forever an iphone4 will undoubtedly seal the deal, but I'd start with some flowers, or she'll expect things all the time.

PS you can find many decent hotels at about $20 in Saigon, well at least you can in Ha Noi.

@BM I know a cracker right by the Old Quarter and Hoan Kiem (lake) for twenty bucks , while I remember.

Edited by RacNamman

Posted

Lots of places in Saigon for around $20 pn or go the guest house route and you can find some nice ones for $200-$300 per month. I can't help you with the viet woman part I'm with a Filipino girl and worry for my life every night. Enjoy Vietnam lots to do here and if you already know some viets here makes it easy to learn how things work and stretch your budget.

Posted

if you want here to be yours forever an iphone4 will undoubtedly seal the deal, but I'd start with some flowers, or she'll expect things all the time.

PS you can find many decent hotels at about $20 in Saigon, well at least you can in Ha Noi.

@BM I know a cracker right by the Old Quarter and Hoan Kiem (lake) for twenty bucks , while I remember.

LOL, yeah an iphone 4 would seal the deal.

^why not bring her a gift if you are fond of her. I wouldnt go the jewelry route - how about a nice brand name perfume? :flowers:

Yup brand name perfume is a big hit with girls in VN and its not too personal.

Just take her to a nice place to eat.

Not much to do in VN but I like taking a girl to a place to have a drink and listen to live music.

Of course karaoke is a big hit with VNamese women.

Don't set the expectation to high or else the pressure will be too high to impress her.

Speaking of Iphone 4, since you are from the UK, you really should get an IP4 and bring it to VN with you.

I see that you can get one for E300-400 in the UK via Craigslist and it should be unlocked already.

Its a great conversational piece.

Girls will give you the look, ask you to see it, etc...

Just another way to start up a conversation with a girl.

Posted

^Golf so I take it you have an iphone4? :flowers:

Guess I will stick with my Samsung Tocco Ultra!!!! :wub:

Posted (edited)

^why not bring her a gift if you are fond of her. I wouldnt go the jewelry route - how about a nice brand name perfume? :flowers:

agree with Brit, Jewelry won't be a good idea, normally we don't want ( or it is quite awkward ) to receive some expensive things like that especially in the very first meeting. mind you just give out that sort of gift when you guys know each other well. anyway you may buy her little nice accessories.

Edited by Judytan

Posted

^Golf so I take it you have an iphone4? :flowers:

Guess I will stick with my Samsung Tocco Ultra!!!! :wub:

Do you prefer white or black, Brit ??

post-3036-0-51577300-1296271448_thumb.jp

Posted

Once they bring out the iheadband to attach your iphone4 to your forehead, you need never worry about meeting Viet Namese girls again, in fact you'll be spending most of your time fighting them off with a s### stick

Posted

Golf - hahaha you are one funny lad!!! I have an iphone 3gs, but I will most likely get the iphone5 when it rolls out in the summer. Use the 3GS as the travel mobile. :wub: Lot of dosh to spend especially when you are not due for an upgrade.

I had an interesting convo with Beagle on this very subject. I said to him - there are people who just want to show off their iphone4 - you know them because they make a point of making it be seen to everyone. Then Beagle pulls out is iphone4!!! :flowers:

Posted

An I-Phone 4 as an accessory for pulling a girl? Dear God, somebody needs to work on their personality, either that or they need to improve their chat up lines.

Posted

^I think that's the point Blah - don't need chatup lines just pull out the iphone4. :flowers:

Posted

As stupid as it sounds, its pretty much true.

iPhones are extremely popular in VN and somewhat of a status symbol.

Everytime I head back to VN, I get request to bring back iPhones all the time.

Posted

not sure all vnmese girls interested with Iphone-4. :wub: I think you should bring any special thing from your country like famous candy,scraf...or a bunch of flowers and take her to a cafe's & restaurant where has a nice space for talking. :flowers:

Good luck!

Posted

Victoria Secret item are nice too.

Posted

^bit personal wouldn't you think especially someone you just meet? :flowers:

Posted

I like Chingys style.

Posted

I always wanted to meet chingy_ but he keeps making excuses.

Posted

Thanks for all your help,i went to the shopping centre today and picked up a nice soft cuddly koala bear :wub: i figured that at the nights end she will at least have something to cuddle :wub: rather me of course but im not going to do a Craig David i want this girl to be special.

Well a Koala bear is so Australian and i guess most girls like to cuddle bears so im thinking i made the right choice don't want to start off by scaring her off and i still have to deal with the age gap :wub: lucky i still have a very good head of hair but a little grey so i will have to do the dye job which im pretty good at now better than the shop :D then get my hair cut that usually takes 10 yrs off me and all those years of using moisturizer is paying off :wub: .

What are VN families likely to think about there daughter dating a guy 18yrs her senior ? Will i have the father and son's after me wielding machete's :flowers: .

What are Victoria's Secret Items ? Im guessing sexy underwear :P i thought about perfume but i know women can be picky in that area so rather risk getting it wrong i will leave till i know how and where these relations are going.

Well i haven't got long to go now and getting nervous about it all cant sleep etc don't even feel like a beer haven't drank for 3 weeks now just don't feel like one though its done wonders for the waistline not that i was a big drinker but i would have a couple at least 3 times aweek.

Kind Regards

Posted

all those years of using moisturizer is paying off

I wonder if you'd care to comment in the following thread?...

WTF happened to the British male?

Posted

u guys seriously think that an iphone 4 would seal the deal with vietnamese women ??? its a bit shallow to think of the women that way :flowers:. try to do that to me to see if its work :wub: . my husband used one of the ugliest phone on the planet when he first met me but he still mannaged to seal the deal with me :wub: ...

Posted

Kim, we're all kidding around with the iPhone thing but its a fact that the Vietnameses go gaga over iPhones overthere.

Posted (edited)

I always wanted to meet chingy_ but he keeps making excuses.
im not making excuses, i'll promised the next time you're in town we can go have some swensen ice cream oki dokie.

Blue you want some ice cream too?

Edited by chingy_

Posted

Strewth, let me know ahead of time and I'll try and fly up for some ice cream too.

Posted

^Singha might be better. :flowers:

Posted

I think if you give your vietnamese girlfriend of more than 1 year an iphone 4 on her birthday that will seriously improve your relationship.

However, if you give any Vietnamese girl an iphone just as gift, then you just branded yourself "ATM" laugh.gif

Posted

the best gift of all is not material, is how you talk to her, sweet talk is key.

Posted

Sweet talk is not a way to build a constructive relationship. I’m sure it has previously mentioned that have a similar level of intellect is important. I’ve never been an enthusiast of giving a woman gifts in the early days of dating, apart from perhaps a bunch of flowers. Any woman that you believe you need to bribe with an expensive gift is probably not looking into the relationship for the right reasons. I kind of agree with Chingy that talking is the key, but sweet talk is a load of fabricated rubbish. I would concentrate on developing decent conversation, sweet talk will soon get very boring for you both, unless she is a bit dim or immature, perhaps then, and you may have no other choice but to talk crap. For me a sense of humour is paramount, if a person cannot laugh at themselves then they are not worth being with. Laughter and conversation, in my experience if you have these weighed off, you are on the road to success.

Posted

Hello again :wub: ,

i enjoyed all your replies and the mobile phone seems to be the most popular gift though i have to agree this kind of expenditure is maybe a bit premature besides im hoping she isn't one of those girls who cant stop checking the phone every 5 minutes or spends most of her time texting others while in the company of others this seems to be the norm these days even in the cinemas while your concentrating on the movie you get those who just love to light up the cinemas with there glowing phone's cant understand why anybody would pay to see a movie then play with the phone :wub: .

Anyway things are going quite well with this girl we've done the email thing just been doing the texting thing also and have just started with the telephone thing so i bought one of those phone cards that will give me 2.5 cents a minute calls so i will call her tonight.Ive told her we are to be friends to begin with which i think is the best way to start and gradually moving to something more meaningful so if she isn't interested at least i will still have a friend and connection to her friends maybe,im looking forward to getting on that plane got my hair done today puts some colour into it and glad to get rid of that grey :wub: even though people tell me ive got the george clooney look i still hate grey hair !!

So this will probably be my last post until i get to VN and will know how things pane out so thanks everybody for your input and wish me luck i think im gonna need it.

:flowers: Cheers