Spanish in Vietnam? Hola!

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I know this forum is mainly directed to the English speaking community in Vietnam, but I do happen to speak Spanish as well and I was wondering if this is something I can teach on the side of teaching English. Is there a demand for Spanish? just wondering... :blahblah1:

Posted

seems to be some demand in Hanoi, yo, tambien hablar espanol, pero no es bastante bien por trabajar, yo apprender por la calle, pero suerte a ti, soy pensamos se puede en Hanoi,

Posted

thank you! yeah let's see what happens in HCMC, maybe I can do some tutoring as well.

:blahblah1:

Posted

Hola Pricilla!

yo puedo contacto escuela AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL(high school) ais.edu.vn. they have/had a spanish teacher(fr spain under spanish govt program) teaching their part time. She left for spain end of the summer i believe so i dont think they found anyone. they did offer several spanish class.

Also, the Vietnam national university offers spanish class, thought by a few spanish teacher(MA degree from spain) their vietnamese grad students. So you maybe able to work see if they need a non-spanish/non-vietnamese spanish teacher.

good luck!

Posted

Thank you talktomuch, I'll contact them to see if they are still looking. :P

Posted

I love Spanish though i can only say :gracious and hola. :P. I think its a very sweet and romantic language. i hope i will have time to study Spanish beside English

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Bangkok ferries, and transportation in general
      By kamikaze · Posted
      One reason I don't use the klong boats is you get dirty water sprayed in your face. A route of interest to me is the one along Saen Saeb towards the river but I believe you have to change boats before you get to Rattanakosin Island.
    • Kim Jong-Un climbs North Korea's highest mountain
      By john · Posted
      Not really directly relevant but not worth a new thread either:  
    • Bangkok ferries, and transportation in general
      By john · Posted
      Not that long ago I took a river ferry in Bangkok for the first time.  They're a great way to get around, with the limitation that they only travel along the river.  One trip of any distance costs 15 baht, and affords a different look at Bangkok, the usual mix of old and new buildings but from a different angle.  My wife was afraid to use it because apparently one crashed a decade or two ago but once she gave in my kids loved it. I ran across a general transportation reference site as well, which goes through BTS, MRT, airport link, those Express ferries, even khlong boats.  It just stops short of explaining how to use local trains, which probably wouldn't make sense for most anyway.  The site has a route finder that can identify which buses go from one place to another, but it only covers a limited set of points. http://transitbangkok.com/
    • Cost of living rising fast in Thailand
      By kamikaze · Posted
      172 baht today.
    • Are Thai girls really so bad in marriage?
      By PerfectDays · Posted
      @Kdub I really enjoyed your perspective above; and I agree that one has to be coming to Thailand for the right reason - having a holiday and making a new life (sea change) are two very different things and if not properly considered (and researched) can lead to disappointment, frustration or worse! In the same breathe I'd like to thank the the veteran members on this site whom freely share words of wisdom and advice. I very much enjoy and get a lot of value out of reading your views; the candid way in which you all write and express yourselves is great - it gives many newer members (including myself) a refreshing reason to pause, stop and think about our views/questions on the topic of Thailand before posting - it's like having teachers whom you admire and respect but at the same time knowing that they don't tolerate stupidity and naivety. My lovely Thai wife and I have a 10 year plan (well actually 6 left now) which we are executing in the hopes that a the end of the plan we are in a position to permanently relocate our lives to Thailand. I am definitely no starry eyed dreamer to think that once in Thailand it would be all beaches, shopping, restaurants, beer gardens, going out every night - a constant holiday. Although a little now and then is definitely would not be out of the question. My/Our decision to relocate is based primary on the cost of living ie based on a foreigners currency (Australia); supplemented by local business which we hope to have setup by the time we relocate to Thailand. I also have a strong willingness to integrate with the Thai culture (with the understanding that the bad comes with the good) and hopefully also do some good for our local community (a smallish village 30 minutes from Korat). I would recommend to any new member thinking of the same to spend some time reading through words of wisdom contained in many of the threads on this forum, do a little research on the internet yourself or even consider visiting your local Thai consulate for any idea of what you really want and then, when you're armed with a basic and solid foundation of knowledge in the area of Thailand you are seeking, post your question and views so that those that know best because they are actually living it and/or have experienced it can comment or give you real life advice and not just a quote out of a glossy sales brochure. A warm thank to all members on this forum for continuing to provide your views and in many instances very entertaining reads!!   Alan