Spanish in Vietnam? Hola!

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I know this forum is mainly directed to the English speaking community in Vietnam, but I do happen to speak Spanish as well and I was wondering if this is something I can teach on the side of teaching English. Is there a demand for Spanish? just wondering... :blahblah1:

Posted

seems to be some demand in Hanoi, yo, tambien hablar espanol, pero no es bastante bien por trabajar, yo apprender por la calle, pero suerte a ti, soy pensamos se puede en Hanoi,

Posted

thank you! yeah let's see what happens in HCMC, maybe I can do some tutoring as well.

:blahblah1:

Posted

Hola Pricilla!

yo puedo contacto escuela AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL(high school) ais.edu.vn. they have/had a spanish teacher(fr spain under spanish govt program) teaching their part time. She left for spain end of the summer i believe so i dont think they found anyone. they did offer several spanish class.

Also, the Vietnam national university offers spanish class, thought by a few spanish teacher(MA degree from spain) their vietnamese grad students. So you maybe able to work see if they need a non-spanish/non-vietnamese spanish teacher.

good luck!

Posted

Thank you talktomuch, I'll contact them to see if they are still looking. :P

Posted

I love Spanish though i can only say :gracious and hola. :P. I think its a very sweet and romantic language. i hope i will have time to study Spanish beside English

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Photos of your world
      By TizMe · Posted
      I had a date with two lovely ladies for lunch today at The Waterfalls Restaurant in the Villa Escudero, a couple of hours drive south from near the city of San Pablo. http://www.villaescudero.com The novelty restaurant here is in the middle of the stream that runs from the overflow of the dam, so you dangle your feet about ankle deep while you eat. The second pic is the younger of my two dates ( Ms Tiz's 5 year old neice )  
    • Bye-Bye LCCT Hello KLIA2
      By stumpy · Posted
      As I use KLIA2 fairly regularly I find it reasonably good. Looking a bit jaded in places as the newness wears off but okay on the whole. I transit both ways from Oz to Vientiane.  3 hour transit heading to Vientiane and 7 hour back. Okay as I usually have a good book, wander around have a coffee or 2 and a meal so all in all good for me. I do have to pick my travel days as not all flights from Oz (Gold Coast) to Vientiane are connecting flights. But the immigration is no problem and get through okay and then off to.the next flight.
    • Bye-Bye LCCT Hello KLIA2
      By Stocky · Posted
      Having just experience KLIA2 for myself this weekend, whilst it's certainly a vast improvement on the LCCT Zoo it's got a fair few failings. I'm not surprised Tony Fernandes is suing Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd and Malaysia Airports (see here). There are now airbridges to save you the walk in the sun, but the walk inside the terminal can be an equally long one, they are now fitting moving walkways so that will improve. Immigration is better, more counters but still very busy. Once out of immigration the baggage claim area is fine as is customs. However there's a very badly signed route to find the taxis taking you through a bloody great shopping mall. In general signage is poor and/or confusing. Flying out then the scrum has thankfully gone, check-in, if you've not done so online, is by machine, the system is good and a quick scan of the barcode on your e-ticket brings your booking up. The number of baggage drop-off points is about adequate. Finding your way to the gate is again a little confused. Note that there is a security check just before you reach the gates, so any liquids you've bought in the terminal will need to be dumped unless they're in the duty free security bag. No doubt they'll fix the place much like Suvarnabhumi, which also opened late, overbudget and with evident shortcuts.  
    • Lao News Site
      By stumpy · Posted
      Nice post tim Winners are grinners and the winners are the Chinese, no doubt about that.And a few more enrichend  Lao high so's too. If the Lao govt was a private entity it would have been declared bankrupt many years ago. Lao will be treated as a wide spot in the corridor, an overnight stop.
    • Methodologies For Learning New Languages
      By ryderman3 · Posted
      I hired a skype teacher from Chaing Mai before venturing to LOS, I learnt the basics of reading,writing and speaking in a very short time. One to one training is far better than a classroom situation as you have constant interaction with the teacher. After 2 months I was able to read (albeit, very slowly) Thai, it was just a case of building on my vocab. I stopped the lessons yet even after 2 years I still remember everything she taught me. I have the advantage even being in the UK to continue my learning as Calm Junior always watches Thai Movies plus now we have a Thai lodger and Calm speaks Thai to her all the time. Our lodger was very impressed with the amount I knew and though I still find it difficult to maintain a conversation I am able to follow, in part, some of the conversations. I constantly interrupt them to ask what a word or sentence is. As for the method of learning, I have always  found that writing things down and seeing the word has always helped me to remember, trying to learn purely from conversation does not work for me.