Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Only 2 More Days... until I leave for the Philippines

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Only 2 more days until I leave for the Philippines. I am so excited and can't wait to get there. I just wanted to thank everyone for all the tips and advice I was given. I will be sure to let you all know how things go after I get back.

Thanks again.

Ryan

Posted

Have a nice trip,

I also will be in Philippines, Cebu around 5th to 15th of May.

Posted

You have a great trip as well Yohan.

My plans are to stay in Manila for a night, then go to Cebu and stay a night there, then go to Bohol for a night, then off to Leyte. Nothing set in stone... we are just gonna some what wing it. I can't wait.

I might even take a day and look at some land out there for future building. Who knows..... lol

Posted

well give us an update while you are there if you can Fingers.

I made pandesal the other day and it actually came out good! i had always thought that it was some big secret how to make it, and it turns out to be really easy.

I can't wait to hear of your exploits.

Posted

been listening to this damn Jeapardy music for 6 weeks now fingers...... :-) what happened in PI?

Posted

You have a great trip as well Yohan.

My plans are to stay in Manila for a night, then go to Cebu and stay a night there, then go to Bohol for a night, then off to Leyte. Nothing set in stone... we are just gonna some what wing it. I can't wait.

I might even take a day and look at some land out there for future building. Who knows..... lol

someday I want to visit Bohol for its famous Chocolate mountains too :whistling:

Posted

I want to visit Philippines too. Boracay! always intrigued me :whistling:

Posted

:rolleyes:

Absolutely, Boracay is a famous tourist spot to visit. I have been there last year for a week, and I intend to return for second visit this year.

You'll enjoy every minute of it. ;)

Posted

Boracay's great... but also visit Caramoan, Palawan, Siargao.... hehe, I could go on and on.

Posted

:rolleyes: Hi Fingers,

There is no doubt, you'll enjoy those trips. If only you could spend more than one night in each visiting place because there is so much to see and do. All the places that you are about to visit are historic & gorgeous in nature. Have a pleasant & safe trip!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Bye-Bye LCCT Hello KLIA2
      By stumpy · Posted
      As I use KLIA2 fairly regularly I find it reasonably good. Looking a bit jaded in places as the newness wears off but okay on the whole. I transit both ways from Oz to Vientiane.  3 hour transit heading to Vientiane and 7 hour back. Okay as I usually have a good book, wander around have a coffee or 2 and a meal so all in all good for me. I do have to pick my travel days as not all flights from Oz (Gold Coast) to Vientiane are connecting flights. But the immigration is no problem and get through okay and then off to.the next flight.
    • Bye-Bye LCCT Hello KLIA2
      By Stocky · Posted
      Having just experience KLIA2 for myself this weekend, whilst it's certainly a vast improvement on the LCCT Zoo it's got a fair few failings. I'm not surprised Tony Fernandes is suing Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd and Malaysia Airports (see here). There are now airbridges to save you the walk in the sun, but the walk inside the terminal can be an equally long one, they are now fitting moving walkways so that will improve. Immigration is better, more counters but still very busy. Once out of immigration the baggage claim area is fine as is customs. However there's a very badly signed route to find the taxis taking you through a bloody great shopping mall. In general signage is poor and/or confusing. Flying out then the scrum has thankfully gone, check-in, if you've not done so online, is by machine, the system is good and a quick scan of the barcode on your e-ticket brings your booking up. The number of baggage drop-off points is about adequate. Finding your way to the gate is again a little confused. Note that there is a security check just before you reach the gates, so any liquids you've bought in the terminal will need to be dumped unless they're in the duty free security bag. No doubt they'll fix the place much like Suvarnabhumi, which also opened late, overbudget and with evident shortcuts.  
    • Lao News Site
      By stumpy · Posted
      Nice post tim Winners are grinners and the winners are the Chinese, no doubt about that.And a few more enrichend  Lao high so's too. If the Lao govt was a private entity it would have been declared bankrupt many years ago. Lao will be treated as a wide spot in the corridor, an overnight stop.
    • Methodologies For Learning New Languages
      By ryderman3 · Posted
      I hired a skype teacher from Chaing Mai before venturing to LOS, I learnt the basics of reading,writing and speaking in a very short time. One to one training is far better than a classroom situation as you have constant interaction with the teacher. After 2 months I was able to read (albeit, very slowly) Thai, it was just a case of building on my vocab. I stopped the lessons yet even after 2 years I still remember everything she taught me. I have the advantage even being in the UK to continue my learning as Calm Junior always watches Thai Movies plus now we have a Thai lodger and Calm speaks Thai to her all the time. Our lodger was very impressed with the amount I knew and though I still find it difficult to maintain a conversation I am able to follow, in part, some of the conversations. I constantly interrupt them to ask what a word or sentence is. As for the method of learning, I have always  found that writing things down and seeing the word has always helped me to remember, trying to learn purely from conversation does not work for me.
    • Lao News Site
      By timmurray · Posted
      That's a good site - some interesting articles. I've been following the great railway debacle in the Lao press (such as it is) the last few years. In 2012 a lady in Vientiane province who maintains a garden containing the most species of Dok Champa tree (frangipani) in one place anywhere in the world had her land forcibly bought and cleared in preparation for the rail route, so great that they have now confirmed it will go ahead. Not so good though, will be the devastating effect that the link will have on Laos as we know it. It will, first and foremost, be a low speed freight route, not the flashy white bullet train through the mountains that is being depicted in the state controlled media. It will carry out wood till it is al gone, and facilitate more and more mineral extraction to line the pockets of the officials who are already driving round Vientiane in Hummers, Porche and even Rolls Royce. At the moment there are some towns in the north where Lao is increasingly becoming the second language after mandarin - I was in Namkeung recently and the main street is exclusively Chinese now. The rail link will spread this right through the country. Even in Vientiane, the rate of Chinese immigration has gone exponential the last 3 years. I am not anti-Chinese or anti-immigration, but the problem is that in Laos it is unchecked and unplanned, and everything happens for short term gains for the few people at the top. I can't see this railway bringing any good - even if it was free. The fact that the Lao govt are going to go into debt forever to pay for it, when they can't pay their teachers and need aid/loans/grants to pay for every single big ticket item, makes it so much worse. Looking at it as a trade corridor alone we may think that Laos will benefit from this enormously - but recent experience shows otherwise. The much talked about (road)trade corridor between Thailand-Laos-Vietnam (Mukdahan-Savannakhet-LaoBao-Danang) has had very little beneficial effect on Laos. Trade passes right through between Thailand & Vietnam, with Laos benefitting only from haulage fees and selling food to the drivers.  Well that's my Friday rant over with. Not a great fan of huge infrastructure projects, with huge financial burdens, that have not been fully justified and planned in careful detail by qualified people first. The Chinese partners must be grinning ear to ear.