Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Philippine Child Protection Law

2 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?artic...ubCategoryId=65

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquirerheadl...ishment-of-kids

The bill provides that any parent, ascendant, teacher, or guardian, who uses corporal punishment, whether verbal, physical, mental or psychological, can be punished under the law.

House Bill 682 also protects students from abusive punishments from teachers and other academic authorities, regardless of when or where corporal punishment was executed.

If approved, the bill can send the guilty to jail.

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/static/ceb/2008/...f.children.html

---------------------

In Philippines, such laws are only paper-work, nobody can ever execute them among the ordinary people.

And this is the other side, millions of children without sufficient food.

There are now about 2 million streetchildren in the Philippines.

---------------------

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/static/ceb/2008/...m.serious..html

Malnutrition problem 'serious'

WHILE many of them have ideal weights, a significant percentage of elementary schoolchildren are still underweight.

Department of Education (DepEd) 7 data collected last year showed that 22.59 percent of Central Visayas’ elementary schoolchildren were malnourished.

Grace Espos, a DepEd 7 nutritionist, attributed the high percentage of underweight schoolchildren mostly to their families economic status.

Edited by yohan

Posted

http://www.orientexpat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18238

This is the other side of the law in UK/EU.

I will visit Philippines/Cebu again this coming week.

As I said in the other thread, I have no problems with my Filipina fostergirl there.

She is always grateful, that she has enough to eat, can go to school, and has medical insurance and can live in a house.

If you have problems with children in UK/EU send them for a few weeks to Philippines - mosquitos and malaria/dengue-fever and street-children and food-shortage - or send them during winter to a village in China.

There will be no UK/EU discipline discussion anymore, as considered to be pointless or baseless.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Orient Expat Friends
Meet your global neighbours. . .

• AIS Switching from Pre-paid to Post-paid
      By Morlar · Posted
      I switched from AIS to DTAC in 2008, quite a few years ago now and I've been on the same post-paid contract (and still have the same number) ever since. At the time all I needed was my passport and address if I remember correctly. Initially they give you a very small monthly credit limit, but I now have a 10,000 Baht limit and I think they'd give me more if I asked for it. As an aside, number porting has been available in Thailand for a few years now i.e. you don't have to give up your number when you switch providers.
    • Cost of living rising fast in Thailand
      By kamikaze · Posted
      I noticed a short latte in Costa is 95 baht. Sounds expensive to me. The last time I had a short latte at Starbucks - a few years ago - it was 75 baht.
      By kamikaze · Posted
      I believe it is pretty simple with DTAC too. I recently registered my DTAC prepaid SIM. They just took a photo of my passport details, did something on my phone and on a laptop, and it was finished. I got an SMS saying I was registered. Deadline for registration is end of July.
      By Stocky · Posted
      I've been a 1-2-Go pay as you go phone user in Thailand for over ten years. However, changes to my contract mean I no longer have an Indonesian SIM from the company, so it's cheaper for International roaming to get a post-paid phone contract rather than continue pre-paid. I wasn't too sure how difficult they were going to make this having heard of requests for work permits and/or 'yellow books' so I called into the AIS service centre at Hat Yai Central Festival today with some trepidation. Indeed after I explained what I wanted the young lady asked to see my passport and work permit, but after explaining I was here on a non-O marriage visa and worked in Indonesia she was happy enough to settle with my passport, my bank book and my wife's ID card. Forms were filled in photocopies signed, a few taps on the keyboard and hey-presto I was switched from pre-paid to post-paid. All remarkably painless.
    • Cambodia how's it compare with rest of South East Asia
      By Stocky · Posted
      ...and that's gauged how, do you have a witometer or perchance a handy wit chart.