Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Indonesia's Ladyboys (Waria)

3 posts in this topic

Posted

So you thought Thailand had the monopoly on Ladyboys? Interesting pictoral of Indonesian Waria here. I don't like the look of yours Tiz...

Vera and her friends are part of a group known in Indonesia as waria - the word comes from the Indonesian word "wanita" meaning woman, and "pria" meaning man. They make a living by playing off the reactions of their customers: fear, curiosity, liberation.

Some stall-holders dance along with them; others turn away in disgust. One young boy watches them pass, open-mouthed, his meal dropping unnoticed into his lap...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/hi/picture_gallery/08/asia_pac_indonesia0s_waria/html/1.stm

Posted

Mrs Tiz is 169cm tall. She often jokes to me that she's really a ladyboy. :blink:

Posted

It's not polite to criticise people on the way they look- particularly when I'm no oil painting myself- but you'd have to be pretty rat-@r$ed to confuse one of them for a real woman.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Orient Expat Friends
Meet your global neighbours. . .

• Need Advice - Dating Vietnamese Woman in US
      By hesaidshesaid · Posted
      @Dixie,  I got the "you fat" comment too when I had Vietnamese customers.  It's like, "Oh yeah, you want good deal?  Well, let me just add some more fees....".  Just kidding..... @New, It's when you're not looking, when you fall. @BBB, I'm sure that's your reality, but it's not mine.  My haircut?  "Twel dolla", fingernails and toenails self-maintained, handbags were purchased from the craft villages for "fi dolla", and the satisfaction of knowing that I'm multiplying my investments, priceless.
      By BlahBlahBlah · Posted
      Did I see somebody state that "The Vietnamese are not overtly materialistic"?   Even the most blinkered individual surely cannot actually believe this. The Vietnamese and Viet Kieu in particular are some of the most ostentatious individuals I have ever met. Obviously these high levels of materialism are tied in with the ever present factor in Vietnamese life, the concept of face. 
      By newworld · Posted
      So I should tell I like her and that she is fat? i wasn't looking for a serious relationship until I met her. 
      By Dixie · Posted
      I love it when some Asian ladies speak to western girls over here, they are so honest and tell them what they think even if some of it gets lost in translation...my favorite is "your looking fat" The faces on the western girls are a picture!!
      By hesaidshesaid · Posted
      Oh man!  I did that "when is the baby due" statement before.  Learned the hard way. I'm perfectly capable of lying, but I need to know the question about a day in advance so I can practice in front of the mirror.  "Oh Honey, you're not fat."  "Yes, do wear the black turtleneck.  It looks good on you.  Yes, I do realize that its going to be 35 degrees C outside, but you look soooo great!" Uh huh, I'm really good at white lies.......not.