Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Indonesia's Ladyboys (Waria)

3 posts in this topic

Posted

So you thought Thailand had the monopoly on Ladyboys? Interesting pictoral of Indonesian Waria here. I don't like the look of yours Tiz...

Vera and her friends are part of a group known in Indonesia as waria - the word comes from the Indonesian word "wanita" meaning woman, and "pria" meaning man. They make a living by playing off the reactions of their customers: fear, curiosity, liberation.

Some stall-holders dance along with them; others turn away in disgust. One young boy watches them pass, open-mouthed, his meal dropping unnoticed into his lap...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/hi/pict...aria/html/1.stm

Posted

Mrs Tiz is 169cm tall. She often jokes to me that she's really a ladyboy. :blink:

Posted

It's not polite to criticise people on the way they look- particularly when I'm no oil painting myself- but you'd have to be pretty rat-@r$ed to confuse one of them for a real woman.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Bangkok ferries, and transportation in general
      By kamikaze · Posted
      One reason I don't use the klong boats is you get dirty water sprayed in your face. A route of interest to me is the one along Saen Saeb towards the river but I believe you have to change boats before you get to Rattanakosin Island.
    • Kim Jong-Un climbs North Korea's highest mountain
      By john · Posted
      Not really directly relevant but not worth a new thread either:  
    • Bangkok ferries, and transportation in general
      By john · Posted
      Not that long ago I took a river ferry in Bangkok for the first time.  They're a great way to get around, with the limitation that they only travel along the river.  One trip of any distance costs 15 baht, and affords a different look at Bangkok, the usual mix of old and new buildings but from a different angle.  My wife was afraid to use it because apparently one crashed a decade or two ago but once she gave in my kids loved it. I ran across a general transportation reference site as well, which goes through BTS, MRT, airport link, those Express ferries, even khlong boats.  It just stops short of explaining how to use local trains, which probably wouldn't make sense for most anyway.  The site has a route finder that can identify which buses go from one place to another, but it only covers a limited set of points. http://transitbangkok.com/
    • Indonesian Girls, Share Your Experience
      By Hera · Posted
      Hmm... interesting. now I know little bit how men thinking about us....
    • Cost of living rising fast in Thailand
      By kamikaze · Posted
      172 baht today.