Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Do you want to marry an Asian girl?

68 posts in this topic

Posted

This topic goes with the one of Tripxcore:

Why do you live with an Asian woman?

Except that it is before you live with her, why would you want to do that?

Especially without really knowing Asian girls... :D

How the Internet paints a rosy glow of Asian brides

27 November 2006. The Nation

Millions of men trawl for mates, but a Thai researcher 'can't find love'

Hi guys! Are you looking for an Asian bride? Then just type in the keywords "Thai bride" on any Internet search site and in seconds you'll receive 1.2 million hits. About half of those will be profiles of women from the Philippines.

And the rest of the article is here:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2006/11/27...es_30020046.php

Posted

I would not consider going on the internet to find a bride, being from Asia or elsewhere.

I guess I'm too old, too young, too old fashioned, whatever, but I would never do it.

Does not mean that you can't find her on the internet, you just have to be extra careful.

And well, it is true for the girls also, Asian and others...

Posted

I did not remember posting this one but well, the question remains, do you intend to marry an Asian girl?

Why?

Posted

Ten years ago, the perception of internet dating was dreadful, only for sad losers and social retards. However, younger people who've grown up with the internet being widely available must surely have a different perception of meeting people online and don't view it with the same stigma as old farts like us.

Posted

If I had to do it all over again I would definitely marry Asian again. Would I marry a Thai lady again? Maybe, maybe not. Learning what i've learned about how Japanese people aren't as closed off to Westerners as I thought they were, I might be tempted to try finding myself a nice Japanese girl. :D

Posted

Is this thread having anything to do with your new found fondness for Japanese girls, Trip?

http://www.orientexpat.com/forum/index.php...amp;#entry67397

:D

Posted

HA HA....it just might! :D:)

Posted

I am currently married to an Asian lady.

If things went tits up and we ended up getting a divorce then nationality or ethnicity don't determine the choice of my next partner.

Maybe an Asian lady has more chance of meeting my "criteria" but I wouldn't exclude the non-Asians.

Posted

Agreed with this wholeheartedly. I am also currently married to an Asian lady (Thai) but never planned on marrying a Thai nor did I find Thai women to be particularly attractive.

Posted (edited)

If I were ever foolish enough to marry again it would probably be another Asian girl.

But she would need to be an orphan with no deadbeat relatives begging for money.

I would also consider marrying a girl from Taiwan or Japan.Girls from these countries

don't usually ask you to send money to buy new tires for the family water buffalo.

In fact girls from those two countries tend to actually contribute to the household income.

-texpat

Edited by texpatriate

Posted

Women --

No matter where they come from --

Are trouble. :huh:

Fact is, I tend to get along much better with women from East Asia than my own countrywomen.

My son's mother is American. The last three women I dated in "real life" have been American. Not one of those relationships lasted longer than a few months.

Longest relationship I had was with a Korean woman while I was going to college -- nearly nineteen years ago. Funny thing is, that was when I was still too immature to maintain a solid relationship. Now that I am older and -- as some would say -- wiser . . . I am stuck in a location with a dearth of Asian women of which to ask out, let alone attempt a relationship with.

My attempts at online dating have been -- well -- laughable at best, terrifying at worst. From a 30 year old woman who acted like an immature little girl to another gal in Canada who ended up stalking me even though we were not even "dating". Guess thats what I get for being nice. :D

Eventually, I feel that I will end up marrying a woman from somewhere in Asia. Pretty much given up on the plethora of American witches that always seem to zero in on me.

Will things be any better? Who knows; bad women -- like bad men -- come from everywhere. In the end, it just may be my fate to end up unhappy. :huh:

But the alternative is to remain alone for the rest of my life -- and well -- that is condition that I cannot allow to continue for much longer. :D

Posted

But the alternative is to remain alone for the rest of my life

Something I tested for quite some time and did not like either.

Posted

Life is not a sprint, but a marathon. Rather be alone than end up in a disastrous relationship!

Posted

Is this one of my odd spells coming on?

Posted

I think so Mandi!!!! ;)

Posted (edited)

Odd?

You don't seem odd to me, Mandrake. Not in the least.

;)

Edited by SoMeTiMeZ PsYcHoTiK

Posted

Yes, not really odd. I think a lot of us here have had much of the same experiences but we have not listed these experiences as part of a portfolio to attract a potential mate. It seems like a clever tactic though: The aloof, jaded jet setter who's had his heart broken so many times that one more time isn't really going to do him much more harm. ;)

Posted

Ten years ago, the perception of internet dating was dreadful... only for sad losers and social retards. However, younger people who've grown up with the internet being widely available must surely have a different perception of meeting people online and don't view it with the same stigma as old farts like us.

Most young men do not intend to look for a foreign girl at the beginning, but later on, many are disappointed with women next to them, at least in Western Europe and Northern America.

There are also other social problems....like the question, if there are really women available - in Europe there is a huge difference in rural areas between the number of young women and young men.

Another question is, where to look around, how to make the FIRST contact (this is by my opinion the most difficult step at all) - not every man is talkative, has plenty of time and even plenty of money to move around. Your own wealth as a man plays a significant role...a major point if there is competition by men, 10 years older than you are, with a better job than yours...

-----------------

Now, internet is everywhere in Western Europe, even on a farm in the Alps - and internet gives you the chance to meet people, you cannot meet otherwise. This includes a possible future spouse. As you have the whole world in the internet you will find some people from somewhere for some chat, email exchange...and later on you might meet them personally.

A good way, nothing wrong with it. The 'sad losers and social retards' comments are by feminists and their male cohorts, who envy you your fortune.

You should be proud to be a sad loser and a social retard...I feel comfortable in this category of male humans since 1972 after my arrival in Malaysia.

Posted (edited)

Danger Will Robinson, Danger! ;)

Jilted lover approach attracts Mentally-disturbed Domination Control Witch. I know this from personal experience. :)

Decent women appear to be attracted to -- well -- jerks. Of course, money does help a lot. Though with a great deal of money, you end up attracting Gold Digger Slu+ Wh0re -- which could be fun up till the point where she files for divorce. :)

The Nice Guy works if you want to date women with children -- aka -- Must Find Kids A New Daddy. Having already sown their wild oats, these women will treat you wonderfully, just as long as you dote on the brats they drag along with them into the relationship.

Tough Guy -- Yes, this is the perfect magnet to attract women -- aka HOT BABES. Except, you actually have to keep it going. The moment they sense weakness, your beauty will most likely run off looking for a REAL tough guy. This can be offset of course by having children with the Hot Babe, which automatically renders her considerably less HOT, and thus much more receptive to your gradual transformation into The Nice Guy -- which she will insist on you being eventually anyway.

There are other possibilities, of course, but -- suffice it to say:

Women -- can't live with em -- damn hard to live without em. :)

Jaded -- yes, that would be an apt description of my attitued towards dating. :)

Edited by SoMeTiMeZ PsYcHoTiK

Posted

-- which could be fun up till the point where she files for divorce. ;)

The Nice Guy works if you want to date women with children -- aka -- Must Find Kids A New Daddy. ...

With or without children, if she files for divorce and there are children, you will have a big problem.

You have to pay not only alimony for her, but also child support to her children.

These children were living with you - if you are the father or not, does not matter....

Posted

Thai women I have found are pretty easy to please. As long as you provide a comfortable financial environment, dress well, have good hygiene, don't talk too much and don't grab their tits in public, you're in.

Posted

And are a good listener,

Good summary of what most women all over the world expect from their male partner, Mbk... ;)

Posted

My wife says I'm a dream man for most Thai women simply for not smoking and drinking (and no gambling). ;)

Posted

oh crap

Posted

and im broke ;)

Posted (edited)

And are a good listener,

Good summary of what most women all over the world expect from their male partner, Mbk... ;)

Not necessarily. I had a girlfriend (American) who was always worried if I wasn't talking. Some women have these weird fears if their isn't constant communication; "What are you thinking?" (Jeez, can't I think without saying what I'm thinking for just a minute?). That was an extremely short relationship. I am not a believer of the 'They are the same over the world' philosophy. I simply don't believe it.

Edited by mbk

Posted

My wife says I'm a dream man for most Thai women simply for not smoking and drinking (and no gambling). ;)
Mrs Tiz said that these 3 were very high on her "must have" list as well. Any of these would also eliminate any potential partner for me as well. By drinking we both mean to excess.

Posted

Not necessarily. I had a girlfriend (American) who was always worried if I wasn't talking. Some women have these weird fears if their isn't constant communication; "What are you thinking?" (Jeez, can't I think without saying what I'm thinking for just a minute?). That was an extremely short relationship. I am not a believer of the 'They are the same over the world' philosophy. I simply don't believe it.

hi'

travel more may be, but Thailand isn't an exception at all ...

women always send money to their family as if life had to be paid back ;)

all kind of women over the world and all different except for a few things, basic security, and so on ...

francois

ps; if could roll back, I'll never take my family in EU...

she is worse in here than home :)

only one thing good, my daughter is lovely :)

Posted

ps; if could roll back, I'll never take my family in EU...

she is worse in here than home :)

She's sure worse off than in Thailand but is it that bad to live in France...? ;):)

Posted

Hi,

At one time I would have married my lovely Thai girlfriend, but I wanted to get to know her better, good thing I did. I was her first boyfriend and understandably this was new to her. However, obsessive is a mild word for how the relationship went. It got to the point where I could not go anywhere or do anything (I was living in Chiang Mai). We often had food in our room because if we went out, she would get jealous of other women looking at/ talking to me. I could not talk to any other woman at all without causing problems.

She thought that I everything that I did was driven by the need to look at or talk to other women, e.g. I liked going to Pantip Plaza (a big computer plaza), she reasoned that I went there because I had another woman there! I could go on but I think you get the picture. These accusations of me being a bad man happened daily, often three times a day.

Also the relationship was getting dangerous to the possibility of physical harm to both of us (not me harming her I would like to add), I now live in Penang where I have to work for a relationship, not as easy as Thailand, but I guess you don't get something for nothing!

Also, the relationship was just getting to the point where she was asking for money for her family. Luckily, I came out with most of my money!

Has anyone else had problems with obsessive Thai girls?